Here at Le Mas Candille, we’re not just about spa treatments, ultra-fine dining and luxury accommodation; we’re also serious about our golf. After all, with such a pleasant climate experiencing plenty of sunshine and comfortably high temperatures, Cannes and Mougins is renowned for its idyllic golfing environment. You can take full advantage of this at Le Mas Candille through the fantastic golf clubs in our area. The Côte d’Azur Golfs Pass offers access to 10 varied clubs and courses across the Cannes/Mougins region. These include some of the most acclaimed courses in south-eastern France, allowing you to easily, and extensively, golf both Cannes and Mougins from our beautiful hotel.
The Courses; What To Expect
As opposed to having our own, solitary course, our wonderful location gives our guests brilliant access to several of France’s leading golf clubs. The Côte d’Azur Golfs Pass provides you with entry to a range of clubs and courses, many of which have been recognised by See Cannes as some of the best golf clubs in Cannes. They’ve also been noted for their superiority by various other outlets, including Leading Courses. Our most popular clubs include;
– Royal Mougins Golf Club, Mougins; home of the Cannes Open, the Royal Mougins is a highly exclusive golf club of outstanding quality. Known as a benchmark golf resort in Europe, and undoubtedly one of, if not the, best Mougins golf resorts, the Royal Mougins is ideally suited to golf enthusiasts. The club features a par 71, 18 hole, highly demanding course that runs over 6000 metres, and whilst the course is usually members only, it is accessible through the Côte d’Azur Golfs Pass.
– Golf Country Club de Saint Donat, Grasse; super welcoming to visitors despite being incredibly popular with locals, the Saint Donat offers 2 courses (one 18 hole and one 9 hole) which seamlessly steer between mounds, trees and rivers. The courses were created with all levels of golfer in mind, from experienced players to total beginners, with the club also featuring a practice range.
– Golf de la Grande Bastide, Grasse; featuring a compact course, the Grande Bastide possesses a distinctly North American feel. With views as far as the Alps, and set within a peaceful area, the course is arguably one of south-eastern France’s most scenic (no easy feat, considering the neighbourhood!). Suitable for all skill levels, the course offers both fun for beginners and challenge for experts. A teaching pro is also on hand, with lessons available.
– Golf d’Opio Valbonne, Opio; with an approachable course, known for its’ friendly and laidback atmosphere, the Valbonne is ideal for those with less golfing experience. In noticeably close proximity to the coast, yet surrounded by mountains, the Valbonne’s course remains sheltered from the wind without compromising on scenery. This oldest course on the Côte d’Azur even features Roman ruins, with a Gallo Roman aqueduct on site.
– Le Provençal, Biot; a 9 hole course across hilly terrain, the Provençal boasts stunning panoramic views of the alps. The Provençal is accessible to different skill levels, suitable for both high-level players wishing to practice their short game, as well as novices, who will enjoy the course’s playful approach.
Choosing The Right Golf Resort In The South Of France; What Does Le Mas Candille Have To Offer?
Boasting a perfect golfing climate and filled with numerous high quality courses (Cannes and Mougins golf are both world-recognised), south-eastern France is a golf-lovers dream. Nevertheless, this presents both a blessing and a curse, as with so many clubs to choose from, picking the right golf resort can prove an incredibly challenging task. By utilising the Côte d’Azur Golfs Pass however, you’re able to try numerous courses across the region throughout your stay. You can also tailor the Pass to suit your skill level and personal preferences, allowing you to create the best golfing experience possible.
Situated in Mougins on the Côte d’Azur, with Cannes just a 10 minute drive away, at Le Mas Candille we are ideally located for you to thoroughly, and easily, golf both Cannes and Mougins, with several courses located within a 30 minute radius from our hotel. We also have our own golf balls for you to use, and are more than happy to organise tee times, transportation, and even provide a golfing buddy if you need one! As we hold good relationships with the above clubs, this will save you ample time in both researching and reaching courses yourself.
Whether you’re a keen golfer, or have just always wanted to give the sport a try, staying at Le Mas Candille will make satisfying your golfing needs that much easier. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have, and a member of our multi-lingual team will gladly assist you further.